- are in a safe and stimulating environment
- will have fun
- will make friends and learn how to play together
- are encouraged to make choices and decisions
- will learn to be independent
- are allowed the opportunity to talk about all the things they do and think
- will choose their own activities
- will learn both indoors and outdoors
- have experienced practitioners who will help them to learn
- are given generous care and attention, because of our high ratio of adults to children
- have the chance to join in with other children and adults to play, work and learn together
- are helped to take forward their learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do
- will have a termly report, termly summative assessments and termly targets
- has a personal key practitioner who makes sure your child makes the best progress possible.
Our Nurseries Provide:
A service that promotes equality and values diversity. We have been declared ‘Good’ across both sites in our most recent OFSTED reports and are striving for ‘Outstanding’ next time!
Healthy, home made nutritious meals, extra curricular activities including drama, sports, swimming and Spanish sessions and access to an extensive outdoor play area.
If you fancy popping in for a look around please feel free, we have an open door policy so no need to book an appointment at either nursery.
Settling in and Transitions
An induction pack will be given to you and your child shortly before they start. Included in this package are details and information that will aid your child and you in settling in and becoming a member of the Playdor family. We try and make this as easy as possible and work with you and your child to devise the best way to do this.
Learning and Development
Children have a right to a provision which enables them to develop their personalities, talents and abilities irrespective of ethnicity, culture or religion, home language, family background, learning difficulties, disabilities or gender.
We use the Early Year’s Outcomes guidance materials to help us understand and support each individual child’s development pathway.
Children are born ready, able and eager to learn. They actively reach out to interact with other people and the world around them. Development is not an automatic process; it depends on each unique child having opportunities to interact in positive relationships and an enabling environment.
Playdor Nursery School keeps a personal file for your child. This will celebrate her/his achievements whilst at Playdor and aid their key practitioner to provide what your child needs for her/his development. You are welcome to view this at any time; however, we offer parent meetings every term where you will receive your termly report.
Online Learning Journals
Footsteps is an online Learning Journal System. It is new technology that makes recording and assessing your child’s learning and development simple and more effective for early years practitioners and allows sharing of information with parents for the benefit of children.
Footsteps allows practitioners to:
- Collect observations of each child
- Assess learning in line with the 2012 EYFS Framework
- Create a personalised album of each child’s experiences
- Evaluate children and track progress over time
- See ‘All About Me’ information about each child and their family
- Receive observations of each child’s at-home learning experiences
Footsteps makes communication with parents easier and keeps families updated with their child’s learning and achievements, whilst also giving practitioners the means to incorporate home learning activities into their own assessments.
Footsteps helps practitioners and providers protect children’s information. The Footsteps Safeguarding document provides information about the importance Footsteps places on maintaining children’s records securely. This can be made available for parents and family members and other interested parties (such as Ofsted) to view at any time.
You will receive email notifications every time your child has an observation and/or photo recorded or tracked. There will also be opportunities to come into nursery to see your child’s key practitioner and view their learning journal at parent’s evenings.
Fees and Sessions
Opening hours are Monday–Friday from 7:30am until 6:00 pm.
Morning sessions are 7:30am until 12:30pm.
Afternoon sessions are 1pm until 6:00pm.
Funded Morning and Afternoon Sessions are 8:00am until 1:00pm and 12:30pm until 5:30pm
Our fees start from £27 per session. Please get in touch or pop in and see us for more information about fees.
Nursery Education Grant
All children aged three and above and some two year olds are entitled to a grant the term after their second or third birthday. Please ask for further details.
We are keen to help parents reduce the cost of childcare, which can often take up a substantial part of your income. One effective route is to use childcare vouchers. These replace part of your income with vouchers towards the cost of childcare and are exempt from tax! This can save you up to £45.00 per week! Your employer may give you further details. We will also be able to advise you on the process. We accept these vouchers from many organisations.
Policies and Procedures
Copies of these are emailed to you when your child starts at Playdor. They help us to make sure that the service provided by us is of a high quality and that being a member of Playdor Nursery School is an enjoyable and beneficial experience for each child and her/his parents.
The practitioners and parents of Playdor Nursery School work together to adopt them; everyone has the opportunity to take part in their annual review. This review helps us to make sure that the policies are enabling us to provide a quality service for its members and the local community.